Remember the scraps from a few posts ago (that many of you were kind enough to give feedback on, thank you for that) ? Well, after playing around with them for a bit, I ended up going a different route. (if you follow me on instagram you already know about this change of plans and if you commented there, thank you, too)
I took the scraps and appliquéd them onto an old piece of fabric that has faded remnants of a cross stitch pattern. You can see it in blue if you look closely:
I love the idea of using up all the bits and scraps and remants of crafts gone by.
Still love the scraps together:
You can see, I didn't worry too much about clean or hidden sewing ;).
I simply laid it out, then pinned and machine stitched away. Here they are in the planning stage:
Unfortunately, I didn't look at this photo before stitching, because I prefer the E this way above to the taller one I created when sewing different pieces on...but of course, it doesn't really matter.
After stitching the letters onto the front piece of fabric, I sewed on a label that I rediscovered recently onto the back piece. I ordered them years ago from namemaker.com .I remember being disappointed that the labels were broken up, and not one continuous ribbon, but the single is perfect for this type of project.
Once the front and back pieces were done, I sewed the three sides together and inserted a down pillow purchased at IKEA. Then I simply slip-stitched the 4th edge closed by hand. Super easy pillow, but love that there is not another one exactly like it anywhere!