A little update on my big stitching quilt/journaling project. It's hard to photograph, and even harder to explain without the use of photographs. I'll do my best to make sense. So far, I've opened up some vintage pillowcases that were already embroidered. I used these as the base of my quilt top. I sewed them together, matching the edges, so that there is a crochet edge all around the top base, like these photos show:
I will eventually add batting and a new back piece, and intend on hand and machine quilting the whole thing. But for now, I'm working on the journal spreads that describe my days this summer and adding them to the top piece. Like this:
I hope this is making sense! I think it's going to work, but I'm still in that "we'll have to see" phase of a project. I'm constantly thinking about it and wanting to work on it though; that's a good sign.
It might take the entire summer to do it, but that's fitting for my "what I did this summer"essay in stitching form vs. written word. Off to pack up a few journaling pieces; it's a great project to grab and go and work on wherever the summer takes me!